Meeting Place: Loser 116
Meeting Times: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays, 1:30-2:50 pm
SOSA makes recommendations to the Committee on Faculty Affairs concerning institutional support for faculty scholarship, research, and sabbatical leave. SOSA is also responsible for evaluating research proposals, requests for advanced study, and sabbatical leave on the basis of established criteria and standards, and issues an evaluative report for each proposal, recommended and non-recommended, to the Provost for action.
The full Committee will consist of 11 members, with representatives from the following units:
- One person from each of the following schools: Arts and Communication, Business, Education, Engineering, Nursing and HES (total of 5)
- Two people from the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (one from Humanities, one from Social Sciences)
- Two people from the School of Science (one from Math/Computer Science, one from Biology/Chemistry/Physics)
- One person from the Library
- One designee from the Provost (The Provost or designee convenes and serves on this committee ex officio without a vote.)
Send suggestions, questions, and comments to the Steering Committee, email@example.com
Click here to return to College Governance Page.