TCNJ Syllabus Resources
This page is designed to complement course syllabi by listing student support resources and classroom-related policies that courses have in common and must follow. For information on a policy not listed below, see the TCNJ Policy Manual. To recommend changes to this page, contact email@example.com.
Student Support Resources
- Accessibility Resource Center (ARC): ARC offers support services to TCNJ students who have identified themselves as having disabilities. If you have a disability that requires assistance or reasonable accommodations, it is recommended that you register with ARC.
- Tutoring Center: The Tutoring Center offers free peer tutoring to TCNJ students in one-on-one or small group sessions.
- Counseling and Prevention Services (CAPS): CAPS offers free, brief counseling and related services to both full and part-time TCNJ students who are currently enrolled in classes.
- Center for Student Success: Any student enrolled at TCNJ is eligible to participate in academic coaching from the Center for Student Success.
- Dean of Students: Students experiencing life situations that affect their TCNJ experience are encouraged to contact the TCNJ Cares program for support. This office can also help to coordinate communication with instructors and other offices on campus, if needed. Students needing a temporary loaner laptop can request one through this program, and the following form: TCNJ Care Referral (Select Option #5 Emergency Fund Request)
- IT Helpdesk: The IT Helpdesk assists TCNJ students with technology issues.
- Absence and Attendance policy: Students are expected to attend class regularly, and absences are handled between students and instructors. This policy contains guidelines related to short term and long term absences. Students are encouraged to contact the Dean of Students office for support related to absences, particularly extended absences.
- Academic Integrity policy: Students are expected to demonstrate academic integrity. Suspected violations of the Academic Integrity policy cannot be resolved (or “adjudicated”) by instructors and instead must be reported following the Academic Integrity procedures.
- Americans with Disabilities Act policy: This policy includes information about the Americans with Disabilities Act and outlines the role of the Accessibility Resource Center for students seeking accommodations or services.
- Class recordings by students: Class Recording policy: Students may not record class sessions without permission. This policy explains the circumstances under which students may receive permission to record a class session, and it explains the restrictions that may be placed on the use of that recording.
- Class recordings by instructors: Remote Classroom Camera/Microphone Use and Recording policy: This policy applies to instructors who wish to record a remote class session or to ask students to use a webcam or microphone during a remote class session. It also contains information for students who have concerns about an instructor’s use of a class recording or expectations for student participation during a remote class session.
- Final Assessment and Reading Day policy: This policy explains when final assessments may take place, how much they may be worth, and what to do in the event of a scheduling conflict.
- Online Proctoring of Exams policy: This policy provides guidance to instructors who wish to proctor exams in an online course.
- Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace/Educational Environment: “The College of New Jersey is committed to providing its current and prospective employees and students with a workplace/educational environment free from prohibited discrimination or harassment.” To report discrimination/harassment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students may also report incidents to their dean or to the provost.
- Sexual Harassment, Misconduct, & Discrimination policy: This policy affirms the college’s commitment to promoting a positive living-learning community, defines prohibited conduct, and includes information on the reporting, grievance, and appeals processes.
- Student Conduct Code: This policy contains non-academic rules and regulations that apply to students as members of the TCNJ campus community.
- Student Rights and Freedoms policy: This policy “enumerates the essential provisions for student freedom to learn at The College of New Jersey.” It includes sections on access to higher education, classroom standards, student education records, student affairs, and disciplinary standards.